What's new

Guns, Drugs, and Alcohol

Aquila

Ad Supporter
Three things I enjoy eating for breakfast every evening.

We do eventually need to bring up the topic of how guns, drugs, and alcohol are distributed across the server in a fair way.

Right now, clubs, bars, and pubs are useless without alcohol. Gangs can survive for a couple weeks before they establish that they need a purpose to exist on the server. To my understanding, something is currently in the works in terms of a supply system.

I don't think anyone wants to see a system where an admin pretty much spawns items for players for a price only for them to resell them - that's beyond terrible and isn't autonomous enough for a server to work without admin assistance.

We need a system in which drugs can be made. Not like on GTAO, and not from admins either. They need to be created or imported by drug cartels, which then get traded between gangs and an in-server economy grows from there onward.

Guns would most likely need to be imported. Perhaps mafias can take the reins on this one.

Alcohol should be limited to people who have facilities to make them. It'd be unfair if everyone had the ability to brew alcohol because then nobody will require a supplier and it'd just be one money-making fiasco where everyone wants to get rich without any expenses. Obviously alcohol is produced in distilleries, but we could have a hipster-based homebrewing system too. For now, I would say that beer is either brewed individually by select few players who meet certain prerequisites, and/or business owners order alcohol from distilleries which are delivered to them via truck drivers. In the future, I believe that distilleries need ingredients gathered through a farming job.

I'd like to ask the community for their thoughts on feedback. Nobody wants everyone to have guns on the street. Most likely there will be a CCW system implemented once the government branches are sorted out, but there should be some form of gun trafficking on the streets without guns falling in the hands of everyone... or maybe they can, and it brings a gun epidemic that the PD can try and tackle.

Alcohol and drugs need effects. I don't know about an addiction system because that's a little too RPG, and as much as I love RPG, it'd get annoying. If people have characters with addiction problems or withdrawal systems, then they'd roleplay it for the timebeing.

There are few systems in place for all of that and that's why this thread was made for all the questions you have about the illegal aspect of the server, I'm not sure about the Alchol part though.
https://forum.ls-v.com/index.php?threads/illegal-q-a.239/

To add my opinion on the matter, I don't think there should be a way to create drugs, maybe a way to grow weed but that's about it. No one makes drugs in the united states unless you cook meth or grow your own weed, maybe make your own brand of pills. I think some drugs should be smuggled and a few created, factions with activity and quality roleplay that take effort in rping such things should be rewarded for such with time. We have a few things for the start of the server so it can all be roleplayed to its best as factions will need some time to establish and get their connections.
It's not going to come from thin air, it'll be handled in character and there will be consequence to everything. I don't think limiting one product to a faction should be a thing, such as guns for mafias and drugs to gangs. It really makes no sense and most people in the states get their guns through straw-man purchases, not through smuggling it in a container, maybe a few things you can't get in the state would be smuggled that way.
I think the common belief is that we want drugs to serve more of a purpose since realistically drugs are the main game and guns is only what you get to protect your drug game.
About the addiction system, I don't think that's RPG at all. I think a good addiction system is valuable and would take a big part of roleplaying a correct drug usage and its effects and will give the drug trade a better portrayal.

a farming job coming in to create alcohol could be a great starting point and reason to create the farming job

i can't think of anything other than gangs bringing in drugs and guns on the streets, but i have a concern for the ccw idea where you apply for them in game rather than on forums, and people without criminal records and a certain amount of hours are permitted to buy guns legally

I mean at least on FiveM you had coke fields out by Zucudo that produced dirty coke, which you had to take to a processing factory within Los Santos. Also which would then be finally sold at the Strip Club in Los Santos. Obviously with police forces both LSPD & Blaine County Sheriff doing routine random searches of said places.

Same for weed, it was grown in a field you could go to towards the airstrip out in the desert.

Diezel

Master Squid
Ad Supporter
So we do have a RP background with drugs in the admin team. We RPd making drugs on another server and for sure in the plan for here. Some drugs. Don’t expect cocaine plants in Zancudo, the cartel would import coke.
We have a plan for getting illegal goods into the game, illegal team had been prepping for a long time now and that is one of the more important jobs.

I’ve come to notice this community loves jobs involving other jobs. So I will for sure ring this back to the idea block for some of the drugs we plan on putting in.

We for sure have something coming for the illegal players so hold tight. I like some of the ideas coming in

I mean at least on FiveM you had coke fields out by Zucudo that produced dirty coke, which you had to take to a processing factory within Los Santos. Also which would then be finally sold at the Strip Club in Los Santos. Obviously with police forces both LSPD & Blaine County Sheriff doing routine random searches of said places.

Same for weed, it was grown in a field you could go to towards the airstrip out in the desert.
eclipse has something similar you can make drugs somewhere behind the mountains on the east coast

I’ve come to notice this community loves jobs involving other jobs. So I will for sure ring this back to the idea block for some of the drugs we plan on putting in.
and in general jobs that actually make some noticeable change and aren't there for the sole purpose of paying out, i hope to see more like the bus job and fewer like the forklift job

As stated above, systems have been created by myself and the Illegal team to fairly, and most importantly RPLY, distribute drugs/weapons throughout the server. I do want to release something public about the new system, although I don't want to give up all the original ideas for people just to swipe away. As for crafting, I could see it working, but not with household items. I believe something you need to get would have to be smuggled in (like seeds, items for heroin, meth, stuff like that) which can make crafting a big thing. Crafting is extremely hard to control and can blow up a market if done incorrectly.

All in all, the system are there, and I have been looking at how to write something public so Illegal players know what's going on, without spoiling to much.

I think relying on just cartels to import will be kind of terrible RP wise as well as economy wise cause the prices will be too astronomical for common people to get a hold of it and make any kind of profit. Might as well just go back to the forklift only making $20 for 5-10 mins of work.

Diezel

Master Squid
Ad Supporter
I think relying on just cartels to import will be kind of terrible RP wise as well as economy wise cause the prices will be too astronomical for common people to get a hold of it and make any kind of profit. Might as well just go back to the forklift only making $20 for 5-10 mins of work.
That’s a little heavy on assumption, let the systems roll out before you make such heavy judgements 😊

Who runs the cartel & are you only talking about factions or gangs be able to get ahold of it? Idk. Seems like its catered to only factions which leave common folk & RPers without a livable income even with the risks. Ill wait to see how it plays out but Im skeptical.

Some of the best RP storylines Ive been a apart of that were branching involved the ability to make drugs and sell them at the risk of getting caught. Mainly why Im skeptical.

Bozo

Firestarter
Management
Illegal
Ad Supporter
Expect more info on this subject to be posted...

(oh no!!! He's gonna say it!!!)

... soon.

Seriously... soon.

I think the alcohol market will present itself, for the most part. If we're talking about illegal alcohols in the US (like moonshine and REAL absinthe), the markets might not be terribly large but if the demand presents itself (not the demand to sell, the demand to buy!), we can likely accommodate that. Similarly, if the demand is present, we'll facilitate pretty much anything - Cuban cigars, ivory, snakeskin, whale meat....

Tr1bal

Ad Supporter
It's not only from where the drugs and alcohol would be imported/created , it's about the pros and cons they bring with them. Some scripted features attached to them that make them more favorable. Not only for the people who RP being a crackhead but in general. Also the the cons to have some negative effects with overexposure. But something that you can control or speed up the "recovery" with other buyable items - that it all add up and will contribute to the server economy.

Bozo

Firestarter
Management
Illegal
Ad Supporter
Our drug rules do include pro and con effects for SOME narcotics. Many effects are presumed to be roleplaying effects only. This would include the effects of so-called social substances like alcohol, tobacco, weed, and some lower-grade narcotics like MDMA. At most, these would be scripted as screen effects but the various feelings that a person gets while using any of those substances will be up to the player to portray.

This is even true for so-called "hard drugs" but, where factors like resistance and addiction are concerned, we have a detailed system planned. These drugs, namely cocaine, crack, meth and heroin, offer some upside (symbolizing a user's ability to ignore pain or other effects of damage) in addition to the effects that the player should portray in their roleplaying. While I'm normally opposed to things like Coke Armor, particularly when it's abused by actions like dropping into cover to use a dose of a drug to obtain the effects). when coupled with the dangers of a downside, this is less of an issue. We'd also deal with the abuses such as the one I described above by including an onset time (so the added hit points or armor don't show up for several minutes once the substance is used).

We'll be offering a roleplaying guide, as well, so players can accurately portray the effects of these substances while they are under the influence and some advice about the feelings they may have should they begin to experience addiction to any of the hard drugs. In all cases, it will be possible for a character to carefully use their substance-of-choice while avoiding the downside but this won't be easy... nor will we go into details about how that works beyond saying it's a factor of how much a character uses and how often... and it's different for each drug.